Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Registering and Baby Showers

Registering was interesting.... Steve and I went to BabysRUs and looked around and selected a few things. I remember looking at one wall and he said what do you need here. I replied... I have no idea. Jodi and Dana went with me to help out with all the items we were unsure of.

We had 4 baby showers. The first one was in Duncan at Jessica and Ty's house. Our family attended. Aunt Christy and Grandma Cynthia drove all the way from Amarillo. Aunt Kathy came as well as Nanny Jenny, Nanny Leta, Aunt Shoes, Aunt Rox, Mimi, Jessica, Crosbee and Maggie (Mindy's mom).

The next shower was in OKC. Hosted by Sarah and Mindy. The Tri Delts included: Jill, Kelly, Julie Lisa, Mary, Jessie, Kristin and lots of little legacies. Aunt Millie came down from Ponca. Uncle Richard had to get Jerrin a ugly ou hat. I promised to put it on him once just for Richard and then burn it. Mimi and Marva Grelle were also there. The girls got me a diaper cake which Claire helped construct. Another highlight was Mindy looked like she was going to pop at any second. She was having contractions and was dialated. She was such a trooper. What a best friend. We were suppose to have her shower/pamper mommy day on Sunday. Instead we went to meet Owen Bennett Kenney at the hospital.

Arlington Shower Jerrin received lots of books. Many of my favorites. Jodi Dana and Rebecca hosted the shower. Sarah Scott, Nicole, Orfelina, Nora, Christina, Haley and Mom Markham all attended as well as Mimi. Jerrin had a way home from the birth center. We got our travel system.

Arbrook Plaza Shower.... I was totally surprised. My coworkers were so sweet. I showed up that morning and everyone brought food. I was not told anything about bringing food. They even locked me out of the gym. I was still clueless. I had a MBSS that morning and had a family with me to explain the results to and couldn't get into the gym. I took forever filing the report Ngan was sent to hurry me along. I was totally surprised when I walked into the gym.


I will add here that we finally got the bookcase that was ordered back in October a month before Jerrin arrived. Wayne, the guy my mom and I were just sure was embezzling from Baby Depot came through. Bottom line never order anything from Burlington Coat Factory.

No comments:

Post a Comment