Saturday, July 24, 2010

1 Month

Jerrin was one month old on July the 14th. So hard to believe that time is go by so fast. He is such a sweet little guy. I call him my Very Hungry Caterpillar. He eats and eats and eats. He is so alert and expressive. He has started smiling and cooing. He makes all sorts of noises with his voice. I have resisted the urge to pull out the PLS or any developmental scales but I am sure I will. I am such the helicopter parent already much to Steve's dismay Doesn't help either that I am an OCD Speech Path.

Top 10 Things that I have learned about being a new mother not really in any particular order except #1

10. There are 965 ways to do everything. Everyone has a different opinion and they will tell you all about it.
9. It is ok for your house to be a little messy (I am still working on this one)
8. It is possible to be peed on, pooped on and spit up on pretty much at the same time.
7. If Matilda the Hun is posing as the nurse in the doctors office run the nearest exit
6. The Breast Pump is My Friend, The Breast Pump is My Friend, The Breast Pump is my friend
5. I need 2 extra hands at all times. Did I mention that the Breast Pump is my Friend.
4. I am getting pretty good at eating with my left hand and can breast feed and eat at the same time.
3. Sleep is a luxury you must get it when you can and you don't need as much when you become a mommy
2. Never say never.... I was never going to do this or talk about that.... Oh yeah you will.
1. Looking down into the face of the beautiful miracle God gave us is Priceless.


No comments:

Post a Comment