Saturday, July 24, 2010

Beautiful Experience

Jerrin Russell Price arrived at 6:47am on June 14, 2010. He weighed 7lbs 8.5 ounces and was 20 inches long. Flag Day...... (just like Mimi predicted)

The most awesome thing about our entire experience was that Steve was the first person to touch our son. He got to "pull him out." He was also able to cut Jerrin's umbilical cord. Jerrin immediately started crying as Steve handed him to me. The midwife allowed me to nurse him right then and there. It was beautiful. Steve was so wonderful through the entire labor. He played such and active role and I could not have done it without him.

I think a lot of people thought we were crazy for choosing natural childbirth and even more crazy for having a baby at a birthing center. To that all I can say is it was a amazing experience that I will never forget. We came together as a family without a bunch of wires machines and intrusion from others. Steve and I got to share something so incredible. Jerrin was alert and super healthy. I highly recommend using a midwife and doula.

Jerrin's apgar was perfect and he took to nursing like a champ.

After we all got cleaned up my family came to see us. Mom, Dad, Ty Jessica and Crosbee came to meet the newest addition to the family. Crosbee was a little unsure and cried when Jerrin cried. They all got to hold him. My dad and Ty went to get us something to eat. I was starving. I decided that I needed to go to the bathroom while they were gone. I hopped up out of bed and tried to go to the bathroom. It was sort of strange.

The family left and Steve and I tried to rest in between sending texts and updating Facebook. It was noon and I was hot and wanted to go home. I woke Steve up at 12:00 and we packed up. I was given a lot of instruction on what to expect.

Jerrin went to Chick Fil A for the first time that day. Well sort of.... We went through the drive through. I sent a message to my parents and told them we were coming home and asked where they were. They told me they were at Six Flags. I really believed them. Of course they were not but my dad really had me going.

Jerrin arrived home and our street was lined with flags. I would like to say all for him but it was Flag Day.

We were so glad to be home. Steve was so proud of being a new daddy he went out and got Jerrin's name tattooed on his arm. It looks really cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment