Saturday, July 24, 2010

First Night Home

The first night home was sort of a blur. My mom stayed in our bedroom with me. She was such a big help. Jerrin had 6 poopy diapers. New baby poop is very interesting. It is like roofing tar. I was expecting 1 maybe 2 poopy diapers but we had 6. At 2:30am I called the midwife to make sure this was normal. She said that everything was fine.

The nurse at the birth center told us we could use olive oil on his bottom to make the "tar" come off easier. Steve went and got the good olive oil. The very expensive stuff from Williams Sonoma. Nothing is to good for his sons bottom. It really worked. Jerrin had the slickest bottom in Texas that night.

Mimi and I didn't get much sleep. I had my check list and made sure he was eating pooping and wetting as much as my list said. We checked his temperature, and tried to keep that darn hat on his head but that was next to impossible. We gave it a good effort.

Poor Zoe. She got herself trapped in our bedroom that night. At four in the morning she looked at me with this bewildered look in her eyes. I know that she was thinking "mom what did you bring home." She ran out the door the first chance she got. She went looking for Steve and found him on the couch of the man fort. She was so excited to find him. She licked him and jumped on the couch and went right to sleep. I am pretty sure she loves the little guy. She has become more protective of the house and barks if she hears anything. She loves to lick his little feet and goes to check on him.
So far so good. No if we can just get him to sleep all night.

No comments:

Post a Comment