Saturday, January 30, 2010

Baby Furniture

What an adventure.... I went in late October to look at furniture. I found what I wanted and made Steve go along to make sure he liked it too. We have pretty similar taste when it comes to furniture. The furniture was half off. Being Nanny's granddaughter I couldn't pass up a good deal.

I reserved the furniture. From the beginning it was an ordeal. They called me to tell me that they couldn't order the furniture but it was at 3 different stores they just didn't know how they would get it to their location. They also told me that I would have to wait 20 weeks for one piece which was fine.

I called back in November and got the same story. I called in January and spoke to the some Judy lady. She is a little high strung and she told me that they had gotten the furniture that day had someone called me. I told her no they hadn't and she was super excited because it all came together.


My Mom and Dad were coming down for the weekend to go after Christmas shopping. My Mom wanted to go and get the furniture that weekend for us.


Dad and Steve loaded the furniture into my Dad's truck. Mom and I attempted to pay for the furniture. Oh my word. It was quite an experience. Apparently I had chosen the worst mall in the metroplex to buy anything first of all. We had put a deposit on the furniture and someone changed that into a gift card. I never received a gift card. They couldn't figure out what do to with the deposit or what happened to this gift card. The managers kept running off leaving these two girls up at the front who had no idea what to do. There had to be about 40 people behind us waiting in line probably calling us names in 3-5 different languages. At one point I called Steve who was half way home with the furniture and told him he might need to bring the furniture back. I really thought I was going to kill this one lady. Guess my hormones were in overdrive. It was a good thing my mom was with me. She is so calm. Mom also saved the lady $100 because she could not subtract. An hour and a half later we paid for the furniture. I still have one more piece to pick up.


We will have a good story to tell Jerrin. His room is all clean and the furniture is assembled. I can't wait to start decorating. Seems Zoe has picked her spot already, what a good girl!






No comments:

Post a Comment